Intern at CER!
CER is looking for interns who want to gain knowledge about education policy and translate these ideas into action to create better opportunities in education. As an intern, you will have the chance to be an intricate part of CER’s day-to-day work in all aspects of education policy, including research, advocacy, legislative affairs, and public relations.
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Research current education issues, analyze reports and submit briefings to CER staff;
- Maintain membership information for charter schools;
- Assist in tracking state legislative activity;
- Support outreach efforts to members;
- Update and maintain various databases;
- Attend and report on education policy briefings;
- Communicate and assist parents with educational needs;
- Various administrative tasks including answering the phone, filing, mailings; and
- Support CER staff with any additional tasks.
A stipend is available to cover transportation and food costs.
How to apply:
Applicants must be an undergraduate in college with an interest in education, public policy, and/or the nonprofit sector. Sharp research and writing ability and strong overall communication skills are a must.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a 2-page writing sample to email@example.com. In your writing sample, address the following question: What do you see as the biggest problem with education today?